Dave

Ian Stirling wrote:
Huge wrote:

(D.M. Procida) writes:

It's a perfectly good heavy frying-pan, except the non-stick surface has
worn away and it's a nuisance to cook with, but it seems very wasteful
simply to get rid of it. Is it worth doing anything else with it?

Clean the remaining non-stick off with a wire brush, "season" the pan
as described in any good cook-book and continue using it for the rest of
your life.

Aluminium doesn't really season.

I have an old aluminum pan that I have successfully seasoned. It used to
be a non-stick one, but the wife used a metal spatula and scratched the
surface to such an extent that it was not a non-stick pan any more :-(

As it was quite an expensive one, I took off the handle and coated the
pan with a thin film of ground nut oil and put it in the oven at the
maximum temperature. The result of this was I had a new non-stick pan
again :-)

Dave