Old Bill

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John Wilson wrote:

"Lee" wrote in message

John Wilson wrote:

There is a large tree outside my house
It's not on my land but it causes problems on my land..
gutters/mess/wasps.
It's at least 40 feet tall
What is my options to get rid of it

If it's on council owned land, then it's down to them. But for
wanting to get rid just because of the reasons you state, I hope they
slap a TPO on it.

Lee
--

TPO???

Look when it comes WASPS season the kids can't go out and play

The houses have tree's all around it but this tree is a pain

Don't see why I have to get my gutters cleaned several times a year/
clean the car and windows every 2nd day because of tree sap

I do, but thats a different story,

You coudl always move and let teh tree do its thing.

Besides, who cares about wasps anyway?

They won't sting unless you mash em, and any kid who does will learn not
to do it again.

A TPO can't be sustained when the safety of the properties is
compromised. I'm in a similar situation with 2 large oak trees that are
quite scarey when they are in full leaf and there is a gale. The council
were quite happy to defend the TPOs when they thought the trees were on
a neighbour's land. However when it was pointed out the trees were on
council owned land and they'd better check with their insurers ... they
started to back down.
If its not a safety issue and merely leaves, sap & wasps then you're
unlikely to get anywhere. Also a large fine, and replace the tree, if
you break a TPO.