The Natural Philosopher

Ian Stirling wrote:

Huge wrote:

Ian Stirling writes:

Huge wrote:

(D.M. Procida) writes:

It's a perfectly good heavy frying-pan, except the non-stick surface has
worn away and it's a nuisance to cook with, but it seems very wasteful
simply to get rid of it. Is it worth doing anything else with it?

Clean the remaining non-stick off with a wire brush, "season" the pan
as described in any good cook-book and continue using it for the rest of
your life.

Aluminium doesn't really season.

Ah, if it's aluminium, I would throw it away.

I don't believe any non-stick pans are cast iron.
The non-stick coating is adhered by a process which pretty much implies
aluminium.

Plemty of teflon coated cast ironers about actually. Ive had several.