Edwin Pawlowski

"mac davis" wrote in message
Not sure on featherboards yet, but I just made a fence for my band saw out
of 2
x 2" stock and 4 rare earth magnets, (one on each end on the table side, 2
along
the fence for the table surface), and it stays put really well..

Not sure on a featherboard, as the force directed on them is sort of a
sliding
action, and a magnet will slide much easier than it will "pull off"" a
surface..

In paragraph one you state you made a fence and it stays well put.

In paragraph tow you mention how a magnet will slide easily.

I'm confused, Won't the fence slide easily? I put a lot of pressure
against it when I resaw and I don't think I'd trust a magnet. The force of
a featherboard will be the same as on the fence as the wood is pushed
between them.

If the fence stays that well put, how do you make very tiny adjustments to
it?
Ed