mp

I know, I said the same thing myself a week ago. Your post on terrorist
activity in Iraq was good, and provided everything a reasonable observer
would want to see. Couple this with the 12 year cease fire, violation of
every resolution, and it is plain we had to act.

Enforcement of UN resolutions is up to the Security Council, not the US. If
you want to play UN cop, then there are other countries in the neighbourhood
that are in violation of many more UN resolutions, like Israel and Turkey. I
don't see them on the attack list.

People also forget that it
also became necessary to force the UN's hand. Bush was right when he said
that the UN will become irrelevant if it cannot enforce its own
resolutions.

How hypocritical can you be? Israel is the worst violator of UN resolutions
in the world.

Funny as it sounds, Bush probably helped save the UN by following through
on
its "threats."

The weapons inspections were working, and Blix was almost finished. There
was no need to rush in. What Bush did is create a record level of
anti-American sentiment not just in the middle east but throughout the
world. There will be blowback for years to come.