Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Phis

Question, how long has that #3 to #2 MT adapter been on the #2 taper ??
If for a longer time and if it has been wet, like wood sap or water has
been on it, then there is probably rust in between the taper and he
adapter, now if you have right size wedge to knock out the taper you
should not tap but hid hard the wedge, you van rest the adapter on a
large wooden block or log to give it backing, if after 2 or 3 good solid
raps the taper does not come out you have a couple of other choices, in
the case of suspected rust, stick it in vinegar for a night and try the
wedge hitting one more time, if that does not work, heat the whole thing
and then cool the (taper end only), quickly hit the taper out with you
wedge, if that still not work dump the whole thing on the scrap heap and
get an other one
For the right size wedge order one at
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Phisherman wrote:

I have a 2-3 Morse taper adapter stuck onto a #2 Jacobs chuck taper.
I tried tapping a Morse taper wedge into the side slot. I tried
applying Liquid Wrench. I tried tapping with a nail set. I looked
for another Morse taper key at Sears, but the guy did not know
anything about Morse tapers. I Googled this without much help.
Anyone have any ideas? I did not force this adapter into the adapter,
yet it seems like it is permanently stuck. Please help.