George

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have a 2-3 Morse taper adapter stuck onto a #2 Jacobs chuck taper.
I tried tapping a Morse taper wedge into the side slot. I tried
applying Liquid Wrench. I tried tapping with a nail set. I looked
for another Morse taper key at Sears, but the guy did not know
anything about Morse tapers. I Googled this without much help.
Anyone have any ideas? I did not force this adapter into the adapter,
yet it seems like it is permanently stuck. Please help.

Some tapers have flat areas on the back or holes through and through - or
both. I'd try to stabilize the 2 with a strap wrench or cushioned pipe
wrench, and give a quick twist on the three using whatever hold is
available. Might even be bored for a draw bar, where you could use a bolt
to eject the #2.