Jim Stewart

Ray Field wrote:

Have just been given a small three wheel band saw, had to make an upper
blade guide for it. Obviously designed for hobby woodworking, blade is 56
1/8 inch long 1/4 by 6tpi.
Can this be converted to light metal cutting? I realise that the motor
(direct drive ) will have to be slowed down; are there any metal cutting
blades of this size (1/4 or 3/8 wide) available?
Do not have blade welding equipment, how effective is silver soldering for
joining blade ends? Is the joint a butt or scarf type?
Ray, in sunny Victoria.

Ha Ha. I had one. Ended up being "a tool
I threw against the wall"