On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:53:15 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
wrote:

I think the problem is in trying to define the terms conservative and
liberal in today's reality. The founders were true liberals as was Lincoln,
in my book, as they broke from the past and paved the way to a brighter
future.

Yes.

In my humble opinion today's liberals represent government as their true
God, and today's conservatives want less government and more individual
responsibility made possible by ownership. Ownership of our own home,
education, ss funds, and the like.

That is no longer correct. You are equating liberalism with your idea
of totalitarian communism, and that is not correct.

And modern American conservatives obviously do NOT believe in smaller
governement.

I think we could argue all day long if we stuck to trying to define these
two terms as they are applied today. My decisions at the voting pole are
based on my values and I look for the party or person who best reflects my
values. It seems to be that today's liberals/democrats, or liberals, or
democrats want to give their power to some elected ruler; which by your
definition, would make you the conservatives in that you want to be ruled by
a monarchy. Because you know once Hilary is elected, she will be a draconian
ruler queen and your voice and that of the people who elect her will be
silent because she will have earplugs. And you know it.

Um, what???? Are you on drugs?

I'm game to continue dialogue if you can stop your personal attacks on my
ability to read, etc. Which is a dead giveaway that you are a true-blood
liberal as defined as today's liberal and certainly not the kind that
founded this country. This should be a compliment, should it not?

Wrong on a counts.

As always, conservatives resist change. Liberals want change.
Simple. Now, in terms of who has all the money and power, are they
likely to be liberal or conservative?

Hal

Wayne