Sneezy

Default Joining a co-axial cable

Dave Plowman wrote in
:

In article 24,
Sneezy wrote:
I also wanted to fit a wall plate connector and make up a
short length of cable from the TV to the wall but wall plates with back
boxes don't exist for some reason. Any advice?

Eh? Just about any wiring accessory maker lists TV and or FM aerial
outlets to match their 13 amp sockets etc that fit a standard one gang
box. Even the sheds stock them.

Yes but more often than not with online sites the plate and box are in
different sections of the site and info on compatability is thin on the
ground. I have a habit of buying things that don't fit DIY stores are
too expensive - B & Q being a case in point: my mate had to buy 5m of wire
when he only wanted 1.

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." -
Putt's Law