Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

We go through light bulbs like water. It is not uncommon for a light
bulb to last two or three weeks before I have to replace it again.

The bulbs always burn out right when the light switch is turned on. I
turn on the light switch, the light goes on for an instant, then burns
out. The bulbs don't ever burn out when the light has been on for a
while.

Others have already mentioned to check the voltage. I had this problem a
couple of years ago. Early in the morning, the electric company increases
the output to be ready for all the industrial startups between 6 and 7 AM.
I was getting readings of 142 volts in the AM, but it would be normal the
rest of the day. My point is to check the voltage a few times during the
day to be sure it is not just certain times. The power company was able to
fix my problem by repairing their equipment.