Tim Zimmerman

wrote in message

We go through light bulbs like water. It is not uncommon for a light
bulb to last two or three weeks before I have to replace it again.
The bulbs always burn out right when the light switch is turned on. I
turn on the light switch, the light goes on for an instant, then burns
out. The bulbs don't ever burn out when the light has been on for a
while.

Commercial Electric compact fluorescent light that sells for $5
each claims to have a lifespan of about 7-years. I keep burning out my
$0.17 bulbs far too many times (around three weeks on a 126VAC.)
Mostly right after the switch is flipped on. I now use the $0.17 bulbs
only on dimmable reading lamps.

Like most fluorescent lights, the compact fluorescent bulbs won't burn
out within the 7-years period but would usually slowly deteriorate in its
luminosity.

The Commercial Electric compact fluorescent lights are very slow to
brighten compared to incandescent. I recently had four of them installed.
Each had a light output equal to a typical 56-watts bulb within in 20-
seconds (they claim 60-watts.) Since each consumes only 17-watts of
energy I now have three bulbs per bedroom and not have to worry
about a ladder for four or five years.