Chuck

On 13 Feb 2005 20:27:12 -0800, wrote:

We have been in this house quit a while, and I recall always having
this problem.

We go through light bulbs like water. It is not uncommon for a light
bulb to last two or three weeks before I have to replace it again.

The bulbs always burn out right when the light switch is turned on. I
turn on the light switch, the light goes on for an instant, then burns
out. The bulbs don't ever burn out when the light has been on for a
while.

So, I really feel like there is something not right about the
electricity in the house, as strange as that sounds.

Any ideas?

-----+-----joe Obrin

+-----
http://www.io.com/~joeobrin

I had the same problems a few years ago. Had power company to come
out and put a recording volt meter on line. Found no problems.
Changed to higher quality bulbs.. problem solved. Some charities used
to sell great "lifetime" bulbs as a fund raiser.. They weren't
lifetime.. but lasted longer than what you get in grocery store.

note.. Having power company record incoming voltage won't show a
problem you may be having with your wiring inside of house .. such as
broken neutral line..