GregP

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:03:26 GMT, Charles Krug
wrote:

Bush had plans to go into Afghanistan and Iraq well before 9/11.

Irrelavant. We also have plans to counter the Canadian invasion of
Montana. The nature of military planning is such that "What if
Lichtenstein invades Belgium" is a seriously considered question, no
matter now unlikely such a situation seems in real life.

You're obfuscating: our military maintains a catalog of invasion
scenarios. That is *not* the same thing as "Bush had plans to go
into Afghanistan and Iraq well before 9/11," which was a political
decision rather than a military planning exercise. And there
was a lack of the latter for the Iraq invasion.