BillyBob

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I have an aluminum fence and table on my Bosch TS. I know they sell steel
plates you can attach to your fence so the magnets stick (though I suppose
that will mess up all measurements with the fence gauge built in to the
table) but what about the table itself?

Dick, I have the full grip-tite system that includes the pressure rollers
and metal fence. I never use them in any other position on the table saw,
except mounted on the fence. The roller system works to hold the wood down,
as well as pull it against the fence. The rollers are mounted at a slight
angle which causes the force to hold the wood against the fence.

I use the grip-tites on all my rip cuts for boards that are longer than
about 16". If its 16" or smaller, I use a GRRRipper. I haven't used a
conventional push stick on my table saw in so long, I don't know if I
remember how.

People say the Grip-tites are expensive. I don't think so. All the
components are heavy duty and meant to last through 1000's of cuts. This
includes the feathers themselves which are made of Lexan, not plastic as
some might think.

Bob