My thanks to all who responded to my post. As a relative newbie at this, I
really appreciate you all taking the time and effort to help me out.

Tony

"T" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

I know you asked specifically asked about plywood edging Tony, but can

throw another idea your way? I'm not big on edgings. I've never liked

the
looks of them and have often found that they don't stand up over time.

Why
not get a couple of boards planed down to 1/2" so they match the

thickness
of your plywood, then glue them up to make yourself a board that's

little
more than the 14" that the crown is going to rise above the top of the

chest
of drawers. Stop you plywood back a little shy of the top of the piece

and
run the board the rest of the way. That way you have solid wood to work
with and no worries about having to put edge banding on. You also gain

the
ability to route the edge designs instead of being limited to just a
straight edge.

-Mike-

So basically you're saying that I could use the boards as sort of a crown
moulding? Or maybe like a frame? I like the sound of your idea, but I'm
just not sure I'm tracking you right here.
Tony