Kyle Boatright

I had the same problem with a house I purchased a couple of years ago.
Turned out that there was a problem with the transformer at the street, and
I was getting serious over-voltage.

Check your outlets with a multi-meter. I think I was getting 135-140v on
110 v circuits.

Once this was discovered, the utility company jumped through hoops to
correct the problem.

KB
wrote in message
oups.com...
We have been in this house quit a while, and I recall always having
this problem.

We go through light bulbs like water. It is not uncommon for a light
bulb to last two or three weeks before I have to replace it again.

The bulbs always burn out right when the light switch is turned on. I
turn on the light switch, the light goes on for an instant, then burns
out. The bulbs don't ever burn out when the light has been on for a
while.

So, I really feel like there is something not right about the
electricity in the house, as strange as that sounds.

Any ideas?

-----+-----joe Obrin

+-----http://www.io.com/~joeobrin