jerrybuilt

Default gloss paint in bathrooms

NC wrote:
I am about to decorate the flat, and have a simple question
about gloss paint. I know that 'normal' mat wall/ceiling paint
must be a specific bathroom type in order to cope well with
condensation, splashing.

IMO "kitchen and bathroom paint" is a huge con and waste of
time and money. Ordinary good quality emulsion is perfectly
OK - if you *need* an anti-condensation paint (rare), then
buy a proper one.

However, what about gloss ?? I am thinking of using the same
gloss throughout for the woodwork, probably dulux, and dont
want to have to buy seperate 'types' for the bathroom (expense,
colour variation, hassle etc).

Oil-based gloss is absolutely fine. Prepare the surfaces
properly before painting, this is a must. I wouldn't use
water-based paint in the bathroom (or anywhere else, for
that matter, on my property).

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com