Dan

Ken-You sure you didn't have a piece of solder in your mouth when you
wrote that last sentence ;-)

I know what you mean, and I did the oral 3rd hand thing a time or 2
also. Studied electronics for 2 years at a local vocational high school
in the 70's before taking it up in college. One of the instructors was
this crusty former TV tech. I recall one time in lab a guy was
soldering this way & he smacked him on the back of the head. Surprised
the kid didn't SWALLOW the solder instead of spitting it out.

Dan

Ken Weitzel wrote:
Makes me wonder how many of us 50 years ago used our mouths
as a third hand to hold a piece of solder... like I did; often
leaving it there during a whole job

I sure hope there's not a 2000's equivalent that's going
to later be discovered has bitten today's younger folks.

Take care.

Ken