Edwin Pawlowski

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
Anybody use magnetic featherboards for the table saw. The Griptite look
ok, but exensive ($40 AT WOODCRAFT).

Yes, but when you put that sucker in place, it STAYS in place. I like it
because setup is quick, release is quick. does the job.

Anybody make their own? I have a pretty strong magnet that I bought that
cleans my fish tank glass (the magnetic portion stays on one side of the
glass and the metallic portion is in the water on the other side) and I
was thinking of converting them into featherboards. Anyone try this?

I have no idea of the magnet strength needed so experimentation is in order.
You probably want to incorporate a cam release to be able to move it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/