Art

2 years ago I bought a $1000 washer, Bosch dishwasher, Kenmore dryer, and GE
refrigerator from Sears. All but the dryer had to be replaced. The
refrigerator was replaced twice. I let them try to fix the washer 3 times
before asking for a replacement when it was 4 months old. DIshwasher came
with a ding in back insulation pad so I got it replaced. First refrigerator
was damaged. Replacement was fine but after 2 months we discovered it was
not the right model. It was missing the water filter. They offered a
discount to keep it but we made the exchange,.

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:54:23 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

My local Sears stores would have no problems giving me credit towards a
different brand. Their slogan is "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money
back" or something like that. I would still buy from Sears. I always do
just in case I have a problem like you describe with an appliance.

You've had better luck than many.

"Richard" wrote in message
roups.com...

snip
I purchased the unit from Sears, and they first verified that the
unit was not continuing to microwave when the door was opened. They
then replaced the master control unit and the keypad TWICE with no
effect. They also checked every microswitch they could find, with no
effect. Finally, they declared the unit a lemon and ordered a
replacement. I installed the replacement a few days ago and ---- it
does the same thing!!!

I've called Kitchenaid several times, and they have verified each
time that these are problems, not features. However, they are also at
a loss to explain them. I'd just as soon get my money back and buy
another brand, but I have a feeling that will be difficult.

May be maybe not.
You stand on solid ground for a different unit.
Please let us know how Sears handles it.

At least you didn't get it from best buy.

Has anyone else had these problems or have any suggestions as to a
fix???

Richard Sherman