Mike

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:25:25 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

I would like to extend the range of a home WiFi link (better signal
strength down to the workshop) and wondered if anyone here had
*actually* built / tested one of those DIY 'can' type antenna /
reflectors / whatever?

The illegal ones you mean ? :-)

Are they?

I thought it was 'ok' as long as you didn't exceed the max power into
the thing?

No, it's the ERP that counts (as well as a host of other specs such as
harmonics and IM which come from the transmitter but can be rendered out of
spec by attenna 'gain'.