Sneezy

Default Joining a co-axial cable

I need to cut and re-join a co-axial TV aerial cable but I've no idea what
tools and connectors I'll need. I might also need a bit of cable to connect
the two ends but there's a lot of different types of cable and I haven't
the foggiest when it comes to co-ax. Everything will be in a damp, cold
environment. I also wanted to fit a wall plate connector and make up a
short length of cable from the TV to the wall but wall plates with back
boxes don't exist for some reason. Any advice?

TIA.

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." -
Putt's Law