James Sweet

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Asimov wrote:

"BOB URZ" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Feb 05 12:37:41)
--- on the heady topic of " Is it safe for kids to take apart

electronics?"

BU From: BOB URZ
BU UNCENSORED Newsgroups. Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10355

BU All these years of sniffing solder fumes and non of my vital
BU body parts has fell off (yet)

But most here caught on that you posted the same reply 4 times.
It makes one wonder about the rest. ;-)

Actually, I sometimes come across stuff I wrote 10 or 20 years ago and
I seemed to be much sharper then. Maybe the Pb is getting to me also.

The whole Lead issue is a hot button in the electronic industry. It
started in Europe, and has spread. Essentially, the mandate is out to
get the lead out of solder in the manufacturing process. I really don't
quite know how this is going to affect the service industry yet. I still
have my trusty 60/40 Kester next to the bench. Sometime in the future i
might have to have separate solder pencils for non leaded solder,
special solder, and a method to ID what it is. Time will tell.

Bob

I never have had much luck with lead free solder, never seems to make good
joints.