Karl Vorwerk

Use what I seem to remember as called quarry tile. They're red unglazed
tiles $1 or so each for 12"x12" get 4. at Home Depot or Loews. The tile
cooks the bottom of the pizza properly.
Alton Brown explains how to use them he
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._13823,00.html
He suggested using them on this episode.
Karl

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in message
Thinking about using a piece of stainless or mild steel in a
electric oven to cook homemade pizzas. I know the local Pizza
shops ovens have a steel or iron floor in them that they slide
the pizza on so that's what I'm trying to achieve.

Wouldn't the steel transfer the heat better than a stone? I'm
thinking stainless for cleanup but I have heard bad things about
heat transfer which is just what I'm looking for.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona