Steve Manes

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:47:42 GMT, "Zwanz of Never"
wrote:

finally found the source of the smoke smell that has been leaking into my
aparment somehow...it's coming from a specific electrical outlet in the
living room - how do I seal that bad boy up so no air seems thru? I dont
need to use it, so thats not an issue. Thanks

I suspect that even if you seal up that outlet you're still going to
get that smell. A little void like this creating a noticeable smell
in your condo suggests a negative pressure situation. That is, their
condo has a slightly higher air pressure than yours. If so, sealing
up that outlet will probably just move the smell to another one.

Do they leave a window cracked or keep their condo cooler than yours?

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs