Richard

Default Kitchen Microwave Oven Problem

Has anyone had the following problem or have any suggestions as to a
fix?

Several months ago I installed a Kitchenaid Microwave/Convection
Oven combo (model kemc307kwh02). Right from the start two problems with
the microwave oven were evident:

If the door is opened while the oven is operating, the display still
indicates that the unit is cooking, the fan still runs, the timer
continues to count down, and the light remains on -- in short, it
appears in all respects that the oven is still microwaving, except that
the turntable stops. Closing the door starts the turntable again.

Second, when the microwave finishes its cycle, it turns off, beeps,
and displays the message "End" on the panel -- just as it should.
However, opening the door and removing the food, then closing the door
does not reset the program -- the "End" message is still displayed and
the reminder tones sound every minute until you press the "Cancel"
button. The manual clearly indicates that simply opening and closing
the door should reset the program

I purchased the unit from Sears, and they first verified that the
unit was not continuing to microwave when the door was opened. They
then replaced the master control unit and the keypad TWICE with no
effect. They also checked every microswitch they could find, with no
effect. Finally, they declared the unit a lemon and ordered a
replacement. I installed the replacement a few days ago and ---- it
does the same thing!!!

I've called Kitchenaid several times, and they have verified each
time that these are problems, not features. However, they are also at
a loss to explain them. I'd just as soon get my money back and buy
another brand, but I have a feeling that will be difficult.

Has anyone else had these problems or have any suggestions as to a
fix???

Richard Sherman