Steve Manes

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:29:45 GMT, "T.D. Hilton"
wrote:

I had my hardwood floors sanded and polyurethaned over the fall and now I
have questions about keeping it clean and shiny. The guy who did the job
advised me not to use wax on the floor. So, what can I use to keep a poly'd
hardwood floor clean and shiny without turning it into an ice rink?

For everyday cleaning, warm water with a half-cup of white vinegar.
The vingear cuts down on the water spots and won't harm the finish.
For spot cleanups (i.e. sick pets), use a non-ammonia based window
cleaner. Twice a year or so, use a good urethaned hardwood cleaner.
The big box home stores carry them. Lowes has a hardwood floor care
kit with spray cleaner and terrycloth mop which works well on my
engineered floors.

Steve Manes, Brooklyn, USA
www.magpie.com