Simon

Default Replacing single glazed glass with Double Glazed - Wooden Windows

Hi there,

The downstairs bay windows in my house (double bay 1920's) were
replaced with Double Glazed units some years before I bought the place.
There are a few remaining single glazed windows that I would like to
replace with double glazed glass, but want to keep costs to a minimum.

Could I simply replace each single pane of glass with a custom made
sealed double glazed pane in each existing wooden framed window? The
windows have been well maintained over the years and are in v good
condition.

Would I just use putty or beading to hold the window in place? Would I
also be ok to do this to replace the glass in the first floor bay?

And lastly, if I'm ok to do the above - can anyone recommend a supplier
in the Cardiff area?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Simon