Rick Cook

WoofWoof wrote:
Nova wrote:

I think the problem with UPS and many other trucking outfits is the fact
that, unless the Canadian laws have changed recently, U.S. truck
drivers are
not allowed to work in Canada.

I'd be amazed if that's the case (and I stand to be corrected). I do,
though, believe that US drivers have to pay some kind of licence to haul
loads in Canada. (Come to think of it, that's actually 20 year old info
... don't know if it's current). And I believe the same is true in reverse.

I see so many US truck's here and Canadian trucks in the US that it
doesn't seem feasible that everyone's changing drivers at the border.

And as far as UPS is concerned, Fedex et al (although being higher than
USPS) never had these exorbitant fees. And they are subject to the same
restrictions, if any, as UPS.

I have a friend who drives from Canada to the US all the time. She's
American and her husband is Canadian. I know they don't change drivers
at the border and she's never said anything about having to pay to haul
loads to and from Canada.

I'll ask her the next time I talk to her.

--RC