Clint

My father recently helped set up a plant up here in Canada that turns
sawdust, wood chips, wax, and a little potato starch into molds, which are
then turned into trapasoidal fire logs. I can get some of the details from
him perhaps (like the ratios used), and find out what pressure is required
to form the logs. It's pretty basic stuff, excluding the transport
mechanisms required to churn them out at reasonably high volume. FWIW, they
get about 3 to 4 hours burn time from a 3 pound log.

Clint

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I happened to be in the bookstore and thumbed thru a book on workshops... I
love to borrow ideas... I only found one.

In a large workshop they were compressing the DC's shavings and dust into
compressed fire logs...

Anyone in a small shop have one on a small scale, or know where to get
one?

Too bad Onieda doesn't link on that kind of tool from their website.
I am empyting about 35 gal drum per week and would like to inexpensively
compress them.