NSM

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

Sam,

Do you think someone could resurrect a company like Heath used to
be and sell electronic kits these days? I sure thought that was great
fun and educational. But i fear the nintendo generation cares more
about flashing lights than what makes them work.

Unfortunately, those days are past. What would you propose assembling
that couldn't be bought for 1/10th cost and with better performance
and features?

Actually there are some kits. Some of the jobbers sell them, R P Electronics
is close to me and has a range. And Radio Shack still sell those spring wire
kits for radios etc. But complex kit building is like making your own window
glass - theoretically possible but ...

Still, they still do it in Australia. See 'Silicon Chip' magazine. And
Elektor and other UK magazines have not died yet.