Bob Shuman

Your Boy's Life magazine story reminds me of the time I spent a year or two
back with a 12 year old boy who had "screwed up" an old computer and no
longer had it working. The parents asked if I could look at it. Once I got
the software issue fixed, we took a look at the hardware since it was
running terribly slow. He really enjoyed getting it apart and putting in a
faster processor and some extra memory that I had gathering dust on the
shelf. At the time I couldn't help but think how much he reminded me of
myself many years ago.

Bob

"Michael Black" wrote in message
I can't remember whether I had an interest in electronics before
I learned of amateur radio, but I learned of ham radio because it
was in the Scout magazine I got, and in one of the children's magazines
I got, and that certainly caused an interest in electronics. IN
effect, we are talking propaganda, because if you make something sound
interesting, that will get people interested.

But it's rare to see any mention of the hobby outside it's circles.

The same applies to the other technical hobbies.

Michael