George E. Cawthon

Paraffin isn't too good if you plan to burn it in a stove.
But to hold the stuff together you could try oatmeal or
wheat paste. If you mixed it good, rammed it hard, and let
it dry out, it would probably be pretty hard.

Rob V wrote:
How about a 8" PVC pipe w/ a cap on the end.

Pour the dust in - make a "smasher" (think butter churn) and pour and mash.
May need to add something to help make it stick together - the parrifin idea
seems pretty good.
then just unscrew the cap and push it out.

If you have a Hydraulic press (about 80bux at HF for the small 1)- Im sure
you could come up w/ something.

Keep us posted.

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

I happened to be in the bookstore and thumbed thru a book on workshops... I
love to borrow ideas... I only found one.

In a large workshop they were compressing the DC's shavings and dust into
compressed fire logs...

Anyone in a small shop have one on a small scale, or know where to get
one?

Too bad Onieda doesn't link on that kind of tool from their website.
I am empyting about 35 gal drum per week and would like to inexpensively
compress them.