Nova

WoofWoof wrote:

Absolutely! I learned this lesson about UPS 15 years or more ago and
nothing much has changed. USPS is fine for almost everything as long as
you don't need the goods real fast (and honestly, how often is that
true?). Some companies will refuse to ship anything other than UPS or
will otherwise refuse to let the buyer specify the shipping method (I
think they call it "Customer Service"). In return, I refuse to deal with
those companies (fair exchange).

USPS shipments will be handled in Canada by Canda Post. They will charge
GST and (probably but not always) PST. They will also charge a $5
flat-rate handling fee. If they don't find you at home they will hold
the package for pickup at your local postal outlet (usually much closer
than courier companies).

I think the problem with UPS and many other trucking outfits is the fact
that, unless the Canadian laws have changed recently, U.S. truck drivers are
not allowed to work in Canada. My brother-in-law was a terminal manager of
one of the trucking lines. It was one of his pet peeves that Canadian
driver are free to drive where ever they please in the United States but an
American driver either has to drop the trailer at the border to be picked up
by a Canadian driver or the truck's load has to be transferred to a Canadian
truck at one of the U.S. terminals.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA