Rob V

How about a 8" PVC pipe w/ a cap on the end.

Pour the dust in - make a "smasher" (think butter churn) and pour and mash.
May need to add something to help make it stick together - the parrifin idea
seems pretty good.
then just unscrew the cap and push it out.

If you have a Hydraulic press (about 80bux at HF for the small 1)- Im sure
you could come up w/ something.

Keep us posted.

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I happened to be in the bookstore and thumbed thru a book on workshops... I
love to borrow ideas... I only found one.

In a large workshop they were compressing the DC's shavings and dust into
compressed fire logs...

Anyone in a small shop have one on a small scale, or know where to get
one?

Too bad Onieda doesn't link on that kind of tool from their website.
I am empyting about 35 gal drum per week and would like to inexpensively
compress them.