Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message Too bad Onieda
doesn't link on that kind of tool from their website.
I am empyting about 35 gal drum per week and would like to inexpensively
compress them.

Haven't run across that, but one idea I saw in a magazine a number of
years ago was to mix sawdust (chips in a DC should work just as well) with
melted paraffin. Poured into coffee cans with a starting wick, this was
purported to work well as smudge pots. Poured into bricks, it should work
at a minimum as firestarters for fireplaces.

I wonder if a paper slurry can be mixed with chips and cast into logs.
Compression would have to be very high to do with no binders. Something
with a hydraulic cylinder could be made to work if you had the right mold.

One of our local wood suppliers ships his chips to Maine where a company
makes pellets. The Woodcraft store gives/sells theirs to a horse farm where
it is used for bedding.