Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:01:39 -0500, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:

I happened to be in the bookstore and thumbed thru a book on
workshops... I love to borrow ideas... I only found one.

In a large workshop they were compressing the DC's shavings and dust
into compressed fire logs...

Anyone in a small shop have one on a small scale, or know where to get one?

Too bad Onieda doesn't link on that kind of tool from their website.
I am empyting about 35 gal drum per week and would like to inexpensively
compress them.

Haven't run across that, but one idea I saw in a magazine a number of
years ago was to mix sawdust (chips in a DC should work just as well) with
melted paraffin. Poured into coffee cans with a starting wick, this was
purported to work well as smudge pots. Poured into bricks, it should work
at a minimum as firestarters for fireplaces.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody