Betsy

I had this problem when I lived in an upstairs apartment from a chain smoker
(old house).

First, get an electrically safe can of foam insulation. Take the cover off
the outlet and fill the gaps around the box (NOT IN THE BOX) with the foam.

Then get the insulation foams "plates" from Home Depot or wherever. Place
this over the outlet. It should fit snugly. Then replace the cover.

If there is still an odor, get the plastic plugs that prevent kids from
poking their fingers into the outlet and plug them in.

Good luck.

"Zwanz of Never" wrote in message
finally found the source of the smoke smell that has been leaking into my
aparment somehow...it's coming from a specific electrical outlet in the
living room - how do I seal that bad boy up so no air seems thru? I dont
need to use it, so thats not an issue. Thanks