Jeff Wisnia

Errol Groff wrote:

A friend of the wife who does a lot of machine embroidery recently
purchased plans for a 12" carousel. She has been looking for a
mechanism to power it (think music box mechanism?).

Does anyone have any thoughts on where to find such a device?

Errol Groff

If it doesn't have to be spring powered I'd think about scrounging
around the surplus houses for a line voltage operated "timing motor",
they were made in many snail paced rotational speeds. The bearings and
shafts in them are strong enough so that you could directly rest a
reasonably well balanced lightweight mini carousel right on it.

They used to Be $12 items new, but I guess the transition to electronic
timing of everything has turned them into "replacement items" these
days, because I just Googled around and some manufacturers are showing
list prices above $100 for them now, Shoosh!.

But, H&R has a 10 RPM one which might fill the bill if wifey will accept
line powering her carousel:

http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HAR&Product_Cod e=H1-08

HTH,

Jeff