bl

We might explore a different myth. Does anyone have any real non-anecdotal
evidence that low humidity actually causes health problems? Do people who
live in Arizona have more or fewer respiratory problems than the rest of us?

Interesting that you request evidence but choose to label this a myth...
You're supposed to gather evidence first before you come to a conclusion.

I live in New Mexico, not Arizona. Still the desert southwest. I live
up high where it gets cold, so not only is it dry, we get a significant
temperature differential between inside and outside. 10-15%RH is common
inside in the winter, without humidification.

Our noses bleed. Our skin is dry and scratchy. We have a high
incidence of sinus infections. The symptoms go away when we travel to
humid regions for even short periods.

Low humidity isn't life-threatening, but it can be uncomfortable.

Then again, in the summer sweating here actually works the way it's
supposed to.