Tim Daneliuk

Mark & Juanita wrote:

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:15:02 GMT, Kevin wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Kevin wrote:

Abe wrote:

...the Muslim extremist Jihad against
America began when Israel was formed, and the US became an official
ally.

And by "formed" you mean "stole the land from existing tenants".

Perhaps you mean "reclaimed it from squatters". It evidently has escaped your
notice that there were Jews living in that part of the world more than two
thousand years ago.

I do so love people who make my point while "thinking" they are
rebutting it. The operative part of your reply which you somehow
overlooked is "...two thousand years ago." Enough of them left so that
it was no longer a Jewish, or more correctly, a Hebrew state.

umm, left? Try, "were exterminated or deported." Ever hear of Rome's
siege of Jerusalem somewhere around 100 AD? After the seige was over, Rome
basically deported all of the Jews throughout the Roman world.

To put a fine point on it:

There really is no such ethnic group as "Palestinians". The term was
more-or-less invented in the 20th century for purposes of political
propaganda. These people are ethnically Arabic - In the main, of the
Hashemite tribe which today largely occupy modern Jordan.

Various flavors of Arabs and Jews have occupied various parts of the
land intermittently for the better part of 5000 years or so (depending on
whose dating you accept). There were also other groups in the very early
going like the so-called Sea Peoples who came from somewhere near modern
Crete, IIRC. The point is that *no* one can lay claim to original ownership
of that land because *everyone* was there at one point or another.

Both peoples have a claim to some of that land, and neither can claim it
all exclusively. However, in my view, Israel has the superior claim
to the land for one simple reason: You *never* see Israeli Moms sending
their children off to suicide just to kill some Arabs. The Palestinian
culture has become so venomous in this debate that they are willing
to execute their own children. This makes them barbarians in my book,
and not worthy of further negotiation until they cease all such actions.

I think it was Golda Meir who said something like, "There will never be
peace in the Middle East until the Arabs learn to love their own children
more than they hate the Jews."
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/