Nate Perkins

(Doug Miller) wrote in
m:

In article 01, Nate
Perkins wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
. com:

In article . 201,
Nate Perkins wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
y.com:

Just curious: do the ellipses in the transcript indicate pauses in
Falwell's speaking, or places where some of his words have been
omitted?

(shrug) You have a point?

Just wondering if that's a complete transcript, or if it's been
edited.

That's the second time you've suggested it's a misrepresentation of
what was said. So I challenge you to demonstrate it. Good luck.

That's completely untrue, as is shown above. I have never suggested
that it's a misrepresentation. What I wrote is clear enough to anyone
with a working understanding of the English language, but since you
seem to have difficulty with that, I'll attempt to clarify:

In the transcript you cited, there are ellipses ( "..." ) at several
points in the quotation ascribed to Falwell. Ellipses, when quoting a
speaker, are generally used for one of two purposes: to indicate
omitted words, or to indicate pauses in speech. I'm just curious which
of the two it is in this case. If you don't know, why don't you just
say so?

Why do you keep asking if it has been edited? Obviously you are trying
to imply that it has been misrepresented by editing out some context.