RBM

If they still make them like the used to, the top pops off the dryer, the
belt comes off from around the drum, and it lifts out, exposing the spring
type element suspended on porcelain insulators mounted on the back panel.
years ago I changed these on several occasions. They all burned out from to
many bends and to long runs in the vents
"Don" wrote in message
om...
Our dryer is not heating - it dates from 1994 - I am suspecting the
heating element but am not sure how to get at it - I know it is at the
back of the drum but the back panel does not easily come off - I have
seen some mention that one has to take the drum out but I am unsure
how to do that

Any help would be appreciated ( from a home where all of the 3
teenagers can only seem to put towels on the floor after they hve used
them - hanging them up is just too hard I guess)