William Brown

In many places in the US you will need a permit, and to get a permit,
you will have to show them satisfactory plans. So your first step is to
find someone to design this and draw up the plans; ask him for
recommendations as to a contractor.

Alexander Galkin wrote:
I want to build a kitchen addition to my house. Excavation, foundation and
possible floor framing I want to leave to a contractor. Rest of the work I
will be doing myself. How do I find a good reputable contractor in central
NJ? I asked several friends of mine, no one built additions so they cannot
give me any referrals. I had previously very little and bad experience with
contractors. So this time I want to be very careful. I don't want just to
open YellowPages and start calling all building contractors by alphabet.

there.