George E. Cawthon

Andy Hill wrote:
"workinprogress" wrote:

I'm planning on doing some electrical work and I want to make sure it will
be up to code. Is this book sufficient, or should I buy the "full" code
book?

Things I want to do a

- add a junction box in the ceiling of my utility room (for a ceiling light)

- add a breaker to serve a new outlet for a "space saver" microwave above
the stove.

I'm fairly new to this. I have put in two hardwired undercabinet light
fixtures as well as the basic stuff like installing ceiling fans and light
fixtures to existing junction boxes. Would this be a good book for someone
like me to reference and make sure that everything is 1.) Safe and 2.)
Passes inspection for selling the house?

For actually code stuff, I'd prefer
. It's very short-handy, 'tho -- won't help you if you're looking for a
"how-to" book. Neither one of things you list are particularly difficult to
get right, code-wise, so it should be plenty. Frankly, knowing that you want a
separate breaker for the built-in microwave doing better than most.

I can see why you might want a separate breaker for a
built-in microwave? But does the code require it? Counter
top units just plug into whatever outlet is available along
with the toaster, the undercounter light telephone,
toothbrush charger, electric knife, electric whatever.