tomeshew tomeshew is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I use that book myself and its big the larger edition, Practical Electrical
Wiring. I think for the job you want to do the Wiring Simplified is a good
buy.
Ron
"Colbyt" wrote in message

"workinprogress" wrote in message

I'm planning on doing some electrical work and I want to make sure it

will
be up to code. Is this book sufficient, or should I buy the "full" code
book?

Things I want to do a

- add a junction box in the ceiling of my utility room (for a ceiling

light)

- add a breaker to serve a new outlet for a "space saver" microwave

above
the stove.

I'm fairly new to this. I have put in two hardwired undercabinet light
fixtures as well as the basic stuff like installing ceiling fans and

light
fixtures to existing junction boxes. Would this be a good book for

someone
like me to reference and make sure that everything is 1.) Safe and 2.)
Passes inspection for selling the house?

The "code" books confuse experienced electricians. You will get far

benifit
and understanding from a book like this:

I have an older edition that has answered evry residential question I ever
needed an answer to.

Colbyt

Ron's right about Colbyt being right! tom
Work at your leisure!