Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Mike Faithfull" writes:

He left me the printout from his combustion analyser with the boiler's log
book and if I read it correctly, it seems to be producing 24 parts per
million of carbon monoxide which is apparently well within the required

The interesting figure is the CO/CO2 ratio, rather than the raw CO
figure, but there shouldn't be a problem with a new boiler.

limits, and is operating at a very respectable 87% efficiency. It's a
Potterton Kingfisher 60,000 Btu unit with a conventional flue. One thing
I'm not too sure about is the flow and return water temperatures, recorded
as 80 and 69 degrees respectively. ISTR 82 and 70-something being mentioned
here in previous threads as the numbers to aim for. Anyone care to comment?

The figures are fine. The boiler stat will adjust them, but don't
adjust the return below 60, or you risk getting condesation
forming in a non-condensing boiler, which will corrode it.

--
Andrew Gabriel