Michael Chare

Default Heating Costs - scary!

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:25:50 -0000, G&M wrote:

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
Unless you're trying to keep it at 30 degrees C I would have thought one

tank a
year would do you. Maybe there's a leak in the tank or pipework outside.

If
it's rented that ought to be the owner's responsibility.

I think the key word here is Scotland !

I used to use huge amounts of gas when I lived there and was still always
cold.

I have a 3 bed detached house with 11 radiators in the South East. I burn
about 3,500 litres pa. My weekly consumption varies very much according to
the outside temperature, from zero in the summer to 125Lites pw in the
winter. I heat the house all day.

My Trianco boiler does not make gushing noises. Maybe the odd small gurgle
when its stops.

Oil boilers need an annual service.

Michael Chare