chaseme5

Thanks for your input lenard. I tried to repair the tv myself and
apparently it's been long and tedious but the tv is working perfectly Now.
I couldn't of repaired it with out all the help from the talk about
network!
You guys wrere right, the initial problem was a coolant leak from the red
projector lamp. The proceedure for repair. I ordered a service manual from
www.servicemanuals.net. Then I rmoved the main board from the VS-50703. I
used a VDM to trace the board. Found that several components were setting
in fluid. That whole section of the board confirmed to be a short. I
removed a large heatsink and 12 or so components. I cleaned the board with
lectra clean. You can buy this at home depot, comes in a spray can. After
I cleaned the board I measured the board for any electrical contact where
the fluid was. Made sure there was none! I then installed the parts back
on the board. I replaced any part that was corroded or damaged with new
parts. Then I made a tray that would collect any fluid that drips from the
projector lamps in the future. Total cost of materials about $70.00.
Mitsubishi charged me $31.00 for 2 coils however I requested 2nd day
shipping. The 2 coils were $16.34 from mit.